Internet | San Diego, CA – March 2013: TakeLessons, the largest online service marketplace for music lessons in the U.S., has been connecting music students with the best local music teachers since 2006. The Company provides convenient, safe, affordable and fun music lessons to students of all ages. TakeLessons also equips teachers with web-based scheduling, billing and communication tools. As we move into additional vertical lines of business we are seeking a leader for our Software Engineering team.
Read the latest about us in TechCrunch.
Learn more about the TakeLessons company culture.
Video on How To Be a Company All-Star at TakeLessons.
What will I be responsible for?
- Web software applications used by tens of thousands customers and instructors nationwide for finding and booking education services.
- All aspects of the software development including architecture, software design, coding, QA, and DevOps.
- Leading a growing team of engineers working in a full web development stack using technologies such as JQuery, Symfony, PHP, PostgreSQL, and Linux.
- Collaboration with the Product Management team to understand the product roadmap and plan infrastructure projects which assist in scaling the business.
- Play a key role in the strategic planning process as we build and leverage our software platform to achieve the Company’s strategic goals.
What education, skills and experience do I need to be considered for this role?
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, software engineering, or related engineering field. MBA preferred but not required.
- 10 years of progressive engineering management experience, including demonstrated success in leading software teams
- Experience working on websites that have scaled up to 100,000+ active users using cloud-based hosting and a service-oriented architecture
- Expert-level proficiency with OOD principles, software architecture, and data modeling
- Ability to clearly and concisely communicate complex technical subject matter to a variety of audiences, including presentations to the executive team and Board of Directors
- Demonstrated success in leading and evolving Agile software development teams and effectively collaborating with the Product Management department
- Strong leadership, people management, and inter-personal skills combined with the ability to develop these skills in others
- Demonstrated proficiency in developing and executing strategic and tactical plans for technology departments, including budgets
Benefits and Culture
TakeLessons offers a variety of benefits including Medical, Dental, Life and Vision; PTO; Holidays; and discounted music lessons.
Think you got what it takes to lead our technical team into the future? If so, please email you cover letter and resume to Colleen Hartwell, Vice President Talent & Culture at Talent-Culture@TakeLessons.com. Be sure to include how you heard about us!